ID Needed For Voting
When you go to a Vote Center you will be asked for identification. Arizona law specifies what forms of ID are acceptable. It gets complicated because there are two different lists of acceptable ID.
List 1: Acceptable Photo ID—Only One Needed
You can present one of the following forms of ID that contain your photograph, name and address:
- Arizona Driver License
- U.S. federal, state or local government-issued ID, with your name and address printed on it
- Arizona State ID Card
- Tribal Enrollment Card or other form of tribal Identification
The ID cannot be expired. A Student ID is not accepted. The address on the ID must match the address on your Voter Registration.
Not sure if you address matches?
You can check your voter registration information at the ServiceArizona website and update it if necessary.
If you have your photo ID and the address matches, you are good to go.
But, let’s say your address doesn’t match, or the ID is expired, or you don’t have one of the IDs on List 1. You still have options. Which brings us to List 2.
List 2. No Photo ID – Two Needed
If you do not have one of the forms of ID on List 1, you can present two of the following forms of ID that contain your name and address:
- Utility bill
- Bank or credit union statement that is dated within 90 days of the date of the election
- Valid Arizona vehicle registration
- Arizona vehicle insurance card
- Indian census card
- Tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal identification
- Property tax statement
- Recorder’s certificate
- Voter registration card
- Valid United States federal, state, or local government-issued identification or any mailing that is labeled as “official election material”
Mix and Match Option
If you have a photo ID from List 1, but it is expired or the address doesn’t match your voter registration, you can present it, along with one form of ID from List 2
Still not sure?
The Arizona Citizens Clean Election Commission offers the What ID Do I Need to Vote At The Polls Quiz. It makes sorting through the options easy and is a great way to determine if you have the required ID.